FEMA is hosting free webinars on hazard mitigation in the upcoming weeks. Click on the links below to register.
Tuesday, March 16
- 10am CDT – Using Water Resistant Building Materials – Learn the benefits of using water resistant materials to make repairs.
- 2pm CDT – National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) – What is the National Flood Insurance Program, or NFIP? Get the answers to these questions and more.
Thursday, March 18
- 10am CDT – Flood Mitigation Techniques – What is flood mitigation? How does it work? Is it difficult? Join us to learn about ways you can make your home more resilient.
- 2pm CDT – Wind Mitigation for Roofs – What are the different types of wind mitigation? For example, how the use of connectors make a difference in high wind.
Tuesday, March 23
- 10am CST – Basic Mitigation for Volunteers – Volunteers are the first and last people on the ground after a disaster, what they need to know.
If you have questions about these presentations or any other mitigation issues, please call FEMA toll free at 833-FEMA-4-US or 833-336-2487.